« Home | What's In A Kiss ? » | Halloween Your Heart ! » | Are You Mad Or Just Sad ? » | Golden Yellow Hair »

Where Love Has Gone


It was one specially vibrant day
When I decided to surprise you and greet you ' hey '
With flowers in my hand I came
All dressed up , sporty and sure not looking lame .

I hurried up to reach your home.
Hoping to catch my sweetheart , home alone.
Your mom said ' she left this morn '
She thought ' she's going out with you as norm '.

I excused myself to look for you ,
In some cool places like Starbucks and Blue Bayou.
You're not there , so I parked my car .
And walked to the mall to see if you're in the bar .

I searched there and everywhere .
I'm confused and tired so I sat down in a chair .
Then I spotted you in a theater w/ a beau .
Holding hands , laughing as you walked pass through.

I can't believed what I saw that day.
No way this was true no matter what my eyes say
And so I started asking & walking.
I confronted you right there so there's no denying.

Face to face , you replied somehow.
'Our love was long gone , it does not matter anyhow.'
You added ' I don't love you anymore '
' My heart has flatlined and you're really a bore '

And so I left the scene a broken man.
Not truly understanding where our love has gone .
Today . I'm still nursing a broken heart .
I often wondered when this wound won't hurt ..

I wonder what you'd have her do
with the passage of time until today
she has a family, they are her world
she couldn't up and walk away

time has a way of blurring things
the girl she was is not the same
and what you remember and long to have
is not the woman she became

she remembers you, always has-
she never said you were a bore
and sometimes she wonders what might have been
if things were different years before

but destinies are meant to be
children for her, a baby for he
and the lives they've built must be maintained
for the sakes of both their families

you startled her that vibrant day
she thought you really just wanted to say "hey"
she wasn't expecting the things you said
and she really didn't know what to say

be fair, she didn't live her life
intent to break your heart
she isn't that cruel, which is why even now
she doesn't know where to stop or start

does she continue to talk to you
knowing she can't be what you want?
you worry her with the words you write
it scares her more when you're silent.

could you be friends who had a past
and not let it interfere
with little ones who need their mom
and a girl who needs her daddy near?

her heart belongs to the one she wed
her kisses can't be given
and she knows the cruelest words can be
"why can't we just be friends?"

she isn't heartless, and she cares
more than you probably know
she didn't want her hasty words
to make you feel so low

call her

nice poem. i'm sorry ur heart was broke, but like betty said, call her

call her ? where ? i don't know who she is ?

You may link my blog

I like your poems. Sweet dreams! I hope you find out who Betty is.

Post a Comment