« Home | Love Has Its Limits » | Warm Embrace » | Autumn Of My Life » | Where Love Has Gone » | What's In A Kiss ? » | Halloween Your Heart ! » | Are You Mad Or Just Sad ? » | Golden Yellow Hair »

Marilyn Meets Vincent In Heaven















This poem was made for a friend who idolizes MM .
I was a VVG devotee . I dreamt I introduced
the two icons somewhere in heaven.


Hi there Norma Jean . How is it there ?
Have you found the peace of mind dear
That was denied you here on earth
& was missing in your life since birth .

Hi there Norma Jean . Where's Joe D. ?
Since your death , he lived so terribly .
Did you get the flowers he left daily ?
On your grave he arranged neatly .

Hi there Norma Jean . Did you see your mom ?
When she saw you did she say ' my baby , come '.
Did she recognized you outright Norma Jean ?
The baby was who taken away and has not seen .

Hi there Norma Jean . Do you know Vincent ?
He's the one with a brush who likes to paint.
Vincent's life here was so beautiful yet brief .
He left so suddenly with so much grief .

Hi Mr. Van Gogh. Meet Miss Marilyn Monroe.
She lived her life like there's no tommorrow .
While you lived yours without a dime .
No one cared then , it's such a crime .

So long my friends , Marilyn and Vincent
The two of you were really heaven sent .
We just don't have the real understanding
Of how to make your life here everlasting.

i love vvg. {vincent} was one of the first songs i learnt on the guitar.

I have Starry Night hanging over my bed. Love that.

It really is a stroke of brilliance to compare two people who are seemingly so unalike. Their contrasts seem slight when you compare the many qualities they had in common.

And the loss that we all feel.

Brilliant!

Poor Marylin gets linked up with the most unpredictable of men- even in the afterlife? Thanks!

And sorry you didn't find my Poetry Thursday. It was on the other blog: A Link Test

angel - i thought it saves me from writing 2 poems .lol.thanks .

boo - i luv that song . hauntingly great !

tricia - wow , that is my fav vvg painting next to the sunflower.
i agree . they both lived a tortured life !

ren.kat - mm is tortured even in my dream huh . i'm excited to read your poem . thanks.

Nicely written.
Unique

Stupendous!! Luved the thought of combining these two together, very astounding indeed.

Thanks for visiting my blog... you'd commented on my 'lullaby' and so when I came here I had to laugh at your blog title!!!
I wonder what a Monroe portrait by Vincent would look like? Somehow I think Picasso would enjoy the muse more!

kayla - thanks . it's as unique as you !
silent wish - u can say that it was my silent wish no more . thanks.

gracie - yah . a picasso painting of mm would be great . like that of warhol's multi color quadrant images.
vincent would have captured the 'pain' she felt all aong . thanks.

Very nice....

I encourage you to enter our poetry contest. It's free!

www.promiseoflight.org

Very nice! I've always been a big VVG fan. Two tragic brilliant figures - icons actually. Comparing the two is really pretty remarkable.

sir james - i might do that . thanks .

anaki - hooray for us vvg fans !

Post a Comment