« Home | Sunday Scribblings : Hot Bedtime Stories » | Poetry Thursday : Inspirayshun » | Sunday Scribblings : Good . Satisfyingly Good . » | Marilyn Meets Vincent In Heaven » | Love Has Its Limits » | Warm Embrace » | Autumn Of My Life » | Where Love Has Gone » | What's In A Kiss ? » | Halloween Your Heart ! »

Poetry Thursday :Favorite Lines

The lines I chose were from a very simple poem from my childhood days . As you can see from my poems , the influence of Kilmer is obvious .



TREES
by Joyce Kilmer

The poem's 1st 2 lines set the tone of the whole poem .

I think that I shall never see
A poem as lovely as a tree.

The last lines are particularly brutally frank..

Poems are made by fools like me .
But only God can make a tree !

Inspiring & well-humoured.

It is one of my favorites!
Beautiful picture!
How are you?
Hope all is well!
Take care!

Margie

so true and i love the
picture

lovely. lets go hug a tree :)

angel - me tree err i mean 2.

susan - that's what a tree does to me - inspire . esp. if there's a ....

samuru - the pic is really great esp. the pink (?) sky .

sophie - you'll see a lot of this view in india .

boo - yes fellow tree hugger ... and kisser(?)

not at all a fool. . .

Post a Comment