« Home | Poetry Thursday : Post Election Snapshot.. » | Sunday Scribblings : Morning » | Poetry Thursday :Favorite Lines » | Sunday Scribblings : Hot Bedtime Stories » | Poetry Thursday : Inspirayshun » | Sunday Scribblings : Good . Satisfyingly Good . » | Marilyn Meets Vincent In Heaven » | Love Has Its Limits » | Warm Embrace » | Autumn Of My Life »

Poetry Thursday : Poetry Reading

For the 1st time , I attended a poetry reading in a local bookstore .I don't know what to expect . Wait . Maybe , I have a pre conceived notion of senior people sitting and listening attentively to someone equally ' old ' reciting a poem only he or she can understand . I was wrong . So wrong . There are a lot of young folks and ' hip ' at that ! While not exactly a ' rock concert ' , poetry reading is ' cool ' . Especially when this beautiful lady read her poem ' that touched my being '. Wonderfully done indeed was her work and equally wonderful was the way she read it ! And so with apologies to Ms. Roberta Flack , I reworded her song to capture what I felt that day .


Killing Me Softly With Her Poem


I heard she writes a good poem .
I heard she had a style .
And so I came to see her ,
To listen for a while.

And there , there was this lady .
A stranger to my eyes .
Describing my life with her reading .
Reciting my life with her words .

Killing me softly with her poem .
Killing me softly , with her poem .
Telling my whole life with her words .
Killing me softly , with her poem .

xxx

I like that poem!
Very nice!
I go to poetry readings,
and love them!

Margie

nice remake. love it :)

margie - poetry reading is better that palm reading !

angel - haunting ? hope it's not dangerous !

boo - yup . flack is a genius !

hows u? where u? what doing?

hey thts a sweet remake...i wanna go to a poetry reading too..now tht u've said its cool..hehe i had the same thought tht it wud be a bunch of poems i could never understand!!

where r ya>

i'm back !!!!!!!!

Simple but beautiful.
The style in superb!

Drifted in from some where !

Another nice creation, killing you softly with words...hmmmmmm, for me when I find a man who could do that kind of magic with his verses i'm in paradise and can't wake up, lol.

Post a Comment